Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Cabin Fever

I spent the last 2 days at home while it snowed and sleeted outside. To keep myself entertained, I made up my own tune today using just the G Major Chord on my guitar. I also cooked gourmet quesadillas today and made a batch of spicy refried beans, and yesterday I made chickpea stew (thanks Lori!) and guacamole. I shoveled, and then shoveled some more. And I watched the Patriots beat the Chargers in typical New England style...the comeback win!

Step one of learning my guitar is learning the G Major Chord, C Major, then D Major. C Major is the hardest for my fret fingers to hold down. I am working on remembering where my fingers go with these 3 chords without having to look at my instructions. Progress is slow, but I'm okay with that.

I also taught myself how to make a slip-knot, then how to cast on stitches for my first attempt in probably atleast 15 years to knit. I was surprised how easily it all came back to me.

I bought a ball of green yarn and 2 different size pairs of needles this past Friday. Also, I purchased a really cool piece of funky, madris-style fabric I want to make a blanket out of or a bag of some sort. And for $1.75 I scored a huge bag of artist grade tissue paper in a multi-color array. And I got 5 used books to help pass the winter...all thanks to the LISTEN Hobby Sale. The books are Snow by Orhan Pamuk, I Know This Much Is True by Wally Lamb, Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer (already read, but now I own the hardcover!), Villa Incognito by Tom Robbins, and Morality for Beautiful Girls by Alexander McCall Smith.

As I waited for the snow to taper off, (but it just kept plink plinking off the roof) I also hung up some lights around my window seat (Stella's favorite place to curl up with me for a book on her visits), and hung my 2007 Moon Phase Calendar.

SUPER VISION was cool on Saturday...though it was kind of short, but I loved the AV geekiness of how the play used lots of visuals on multiple sliding screens...giving depth to what felt like watching a movie more than a play. It was good to see Hannah and Rene too...we had a variety of Six Sisters margaritas at Gusanoz and more drinks later at Murphy's. Rene showed me her special wrist-flapping talent.

Then I drove home, not knowing I would be stuck at home for the next two days. But hey, now I have a green scarf to work on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home