Thursday, June 02, 2005

On Turning 25


Happy Birthday to Me!

You will find me tonight at one of the 3 bars in the Seacoast that serves Boddingtons on tap (The Barley Pub in Dover, and the Coat of Arms or Muddy River Smokehouse in Portsmouth). You later then may find me on the street in a creamy beer induced coma.

This calorific morning was filled with Mimosa, a bit o' cheese danish and a glazed donut with chocolate filling and chocolate cookie crumbs on top, followed by 2 cups of coffee, and coming up soon a can of Rockstar. I will be cracked out at work today. Somewhere in the dictionary under calorie-hogging, over-priveledged Americans is a picture of me with a donut in my fist slamming an energy drink (also I will be pictured under the definition of "oxy-moron"). I promise that I never normally eat this much crap but my office insists on Hansel and Grettle-ing us up.

In my spare time, working hard of course, I am sharing with my coworkers a 2 Disc New Wave 80s mix that I just burned, complete with the Psychadelic Furs, Thomas Dolby, The Cure, Oingo Boingo, The Rave Ups, The Smiths, Squeeze, Soft Cell, the Waitresses, Trio, Yaz, Was Not Was, Reflex, Spandau Ballet, Split Endz, Talking Heads, Visage, X, and for more cheese, a little Bangles, Bananarama, Belle Star, Flying Lizards, Dire Straights, Kajagoogoo, Duran Duran, Motels, Thompson Twins, Lena Lovich, the Vapors, and Wang Chung.

Anyone else got any good cheesy retro new wave-ish 80s tunes or bands they want to recommend to me?

Mmm...what a wonderful day!

4 Comments:

Blogger DJ Press Play said...

Fear not, Lori. You did not fail! I got the presents when I got home yesterday evening. See above post for more info.

8:50 AM  
Blogger The Oarsman said...

Echo Beach by Martha and the Muffins - it has to be played!

9:12 AM  
Blogger DJ Press Play said...

Thanks Oarsman for your suggestion...I'll track that tune down. Martha and the Muffins...that name cracks me up. Read some of your blog...loved your post about David Bowie.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

I hope that you are bring that up my way this weekend...

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home