Thursday, December 07, 2006

Past, Present, Future

I wrote this way back on February 21st of this year but I never showed it to anyone. My feelings were not particularly a big priority last winter. Finding it in my list of draft posts made me realize that I've been alone for a lot longer than just the past three months.

Past, Present, Future
I live in the present
You dwell in the past, and worry about the future.
We are a full spectrum representation of time.

If I bleed, will you wake up and be "here"
here as in the present, in the now, in the know.

You speak in "me" "my" "mine",
I speak in "us" "our" "ours".

Self-absorption mixed with self-help
Makes it easy to ignore the little things.
I can't ignore the little things.
I excel in little things.

I put on a nice shirt, curl my hair, and brush on a bit of blush.
I didn't do it for a reaction...I did it for you
But a reaction was implied
And it was your reaction that I was denied.

I know you see this face every morning,
But it is that commonplace
That you don't see whatever you saw in me
in the first place?

12 months later I wake up beside you
and my heart still skips a beat

1 Comments:

Blogger DJ Press Play said...

Thanks Pookie,

It's okay, you don't have to drive up here...(besides it's stuff like this that makes me want to drive far away from here)...the "Lamb" book you got me does the trick before I go to bed. If I start feeling sad and thinking about stuff too much, I just read a chapter and start laughing.

Oh Biff!

I want puppies, kitties and lizards!

Thanks Lori.

Love

-Sandbox-

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home